I got a bit behind… I should be on day 13 so I will post that one this evening 🙂
1. I enjoyed the opportunity to think and write about each of my ferret’s unique personalities. I had a request from a fellow writer to hear more about them so I made a blog post about their antics on my author blog. It was a lot of fun and I think one day I might have to write stories about each of them.
2. I have been working my way through the “Book of Awakening” by Mark Nepo I have to date only found one meditation / exercise that did not speak directly to me. I started writing down journal entries about my meditations based on the exercises; these may become future blog posts. It has been a very enlightening experience writing down my insights. While doing the practices is very inspiring and a great tool to learn about myself. The extra step of writing out my experience as been even more revealing. I have learned so much about myself in one short week. I can’t wait to see my thoughts transform within the year. I highly recommend this book for anyone who is wanting to do a bit of soul-searching.
3. For the first time in a while I sat down and wrote out a whole scene for Dissonance. I have adjusted my writing process for this book and am solely writing out scenes I might want to incorporate in no particular order and then later I will make the whole thing flow. I have even diverged from writing in my word document and have been solely been writing in OneNote as not to intimidate myself with the lack of words already written.
1. I woke up to a winter thunderstorm. As I left the house I was seeing lightening crashing down to the earth. While the sight was sublime, it also gave me hope that winter is coming to a close and I will once again be able to enjoy the sunshine and the warmth it brings to my skin.
2. I have been working my way through the Palais Des Thes green tea sampler I bought. Yesterday I had The des Vahines tea, it is a green tea with almond, vanilla, and rose. It was relaxing and spectacular. It was a marvelous blend of tea. I am so happy I splurged on the more expensive brand of tea. I have enjoyed each one so thoroughly.
3. I used my french press for the first time last night. I made the coffee a little strong for my tastes, but the difference between the taste of coffee made in the french press and your typical drip pot was the difference between drinking tea and coffee. Looking forward to trying all my “old” favorite coffees in it to see the taste difference!